– This verse is typically used to mean, “I can do anything I set my mind to” and then apply it to various life goals or the overcoming of adversity.
– Context always determines the meaning of words. “All things” means whatever the context dictates. Here, it is not literally all things.
– The main idea of the paragraph is “I’ve learned in whatever situation I am to be content.” Phil 4:13 relates directly to that idea.
– Phil 4:13 is a statement about the ability of the believer to be content in all circumstances.
– We should appeal to this verse anytime we find ourselves in difficult situations, struggling to be content.