- The typical application of this verse is that you should never call somebody out on their sin.
- The context indicates that Jesus is forbidding hypocritical condemnation, NOT confrontation of any sin of any sort.
- Matt 7:5 actually encourages us to help one another with sin.
- There are a plethora of cross-references indicating that we should lovingly confront sin in other believers. Matt 18:15-17; Luke 17:3b; 2 Thess 3:14-15; 1 Cor 5:12
- Bottomline application: in your confrontation, be like Jesus, not like the Pharisees.