- Epistemology is the branch of philosophy that deals with what we can know and how we know it.
- Standpoint epistemology holds that a person’s knowledge is determined by their standpoint, or experience. Knowledge is therefore subjective.
- Oppressed classes have inherent, infallible knowledge about oppression that is not accessible to the oppressor class.
- Standpoint epistemology ignores every fallen person’s need for the Bible to interpret their experience.
- Standpoint epistemology undermines the sufficiency and clarity of Scripture (2 Tim 3:14-16).