- While giving to the poor is a good, godly thing to do, Matthew 25:31-46 is often misused to support this activity.
- We should always err on the side of generosity. Psa 41:1-3
- We should use discernment in we give to people. Suggestions:
- Pray for discernment
- Resist giving money; give food or other resources instead
- Make donations to parachurch organizations that specialize in this kind of ministry.
- Our main concern should be giving the gospel. Jesus fed the poor and preached the gospel (Matt 11:5).