– This is a wisdom issue.
– Complete transparency is essential.
– Trust is rebuilt slowly.
– Trust is rebuilt by stretching.
– Start by building a bridge
– Relate their compassion to God’s
– Show that without God there would be no justice
– Share that any recognition of evil assumes the existence of God
– Share the gospel as God’s solution to evil and suffering
– God requires us to be good stewards of our time. Eph 5:15-16
– The life of a disciple is a life of work and service. Eph 4:12
– God has given us a broad range of commands that require balance in order to be faithful stewards.
– Over-doing it in any one area can cause us to be unfaithful in other areas.
– Strive to see God as the ultimate agent working in your life.
– Value correction of all kinds as if it contained gold.
– Even mean-spirited correction can be helpful.
– Even inaccurate correction can be helpful.
– Recognize pride as the great killer of progress toward Christlikeness.
– We are tasked with raising our children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord, which includes training them regarding life priorities. Eph 6:4; Prov 22:6
– Meaningful involvement in the Body is not only commanded, it is essential for our spiritual growth. Heb 10:24-25
– Set Biblical priorities in stone; fit in other things as is spiritually expedient.